Thursday, March 27, 2008

Teen Poetry Group




Today, while hanging out in the teen center I decided to read some of my favorite poetry aloud. Well, once I started everyone wanted to join in with their favorite lyrics, short stories and poems. We had a fabulous poetry reading that lasted about an hour and decided that we would like to make it a weekly event. The THURSDAY POETRY HOUR will now be a weekly event, so get your favorite poems ready and feel free to bring some of your own stuff to read!!!!!!

Here is one of the poems that was read aloud this week:

Dilemma
If I were mild, and I were sweet,
And laid my heart before your feet,
And took my dearest
thoughts to you,
And hailed your easy lies as true;

Were I to murmur "Yes," and then

"How true, my dear," and "Yes," again,

And wear my eyes discreetly down,
And tremble whitely at your frown,

And keep my words unquestioning--
My love, you'd run like anything!

Should I be frail, and I be mad,

And share my heart with every lad,
But beat my head against the floor
What times you
wandered past my door;
Were I to doubt, and I to sneer,

And shriek "Farewell!" and still be here,

And break your joy, and quench your trust--
I should not see you for the dust!

by Dorothy Parker

No comments: